Take part in one of the most colourful festivals of the region. Visit World war II heritage sites, model villages and get comfortable in traditional homestays. With this 8-day tour, get a peep into the rich heritage of the mighty Nagas.
After pick-up from Dimapur Airport, drive to Khonoma Village (2 hours) which is an historic Angami Tribe village famous for two Angami-British wars fought during 1847 and 1879. The village feels very traditional with flowering areas, pomelo trees, squash gourd vines as well as megalith monuments. Overnight will at a village home-stay.
Khonoma was the first village to ban hunting and logging, and turning into a green village. With the mission of ‘Green Khonoma”, the people of Khonoma have created a model village for eco and rural tourism in Nagaland which they are rightly proud of.
A small nature sanctuary (Khonoma Nature Conservation and Tragopan Sanctuary), managed by the village itself, is one of the few places where the Blyth’s Tragopan can be seen, a rare pheasant indigenous to the area. Undertake a trek to this sanctuary for good birdlife and peaceful nature, and trek to nearby villages.
After breakfast, leave for Kohima (1-2 hours) at a height of 1,444 meters. Spend the day visiting WW2 War Memorial, museum which display Naga heritage and culture , arts and crafts emporium and local markets. Overnight will be at a clean and comfortable hotel/homestay/campsite.
December 5 and 6
You’ll be proceeding to Kisama Heritage village which is the venue of the Hornbill Festival, to participate and witness the festival. In the afternoons, visit nearby tribal villages. Overnights in Kohima.
After breakfast, drive to the hill-town of Mokokchung, (6 hours), home to the fascinating tribal Ao Nagas. En-route visit a village belonging to the Rengma Tribe where you’ll get to interact with them and visit their houses. Stay will be at a guesthouse with basic amenities.
Spend the morning visiting the villages of Impur, Aliba and Mopungchuket. Witness the everyday life of the Ao Tribe and get to interact with them. Later in the afternoon, visit Ungma, the largest of all Ao Naga villages. Observe the traditional lifestyle of the people.
After early breakfast, drive to Jorhat Airport for a return flight (4-5 hours).
- Cancellation has to be sent to us by Fax /email.
- Cancellation will be initiated within 6 working hours of receiving emails.
- Initiation of cancellation will be confirmed either by phone call or email.
Charges of Cancellation
- Prior to 30 days or more of arrival – Flat Rs. 2000.00 per person /As per actual
- Between 30 -15 Days prior of arrival – 25% of tour cost
- Between 14 -07 Days prior of arrival – 50% of tour cost
- Between 07- 03 Days prior of arrival – 75% of tour cost
- Between 02 Days/No show – 100% of tour cost
- Direct hotel bills will not be available.
- Facilities like western toilet, television in room, geyser in bathrooms may not be available at all places. For specific requirement, please inform us and we will try to provide. This is again subject to availability
- For early morning check out breakfast may be limited to simple bread & butter / jam. Puri / roti – sabji may not be available
- Consumption and serving of alcohol in hotels / rooms is subject to hotel’s rules and regulations. In some hotels, consumption of alcohol is not allowed
Vehicle Operation & Usage Guide:
- Carriers in vehicles are not allowed in many places in the region. Availability of vehicle with carrier cannot be guaranteed
- The tour guide reserves the rights to make changes or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band, security reason etc, .
- All transport in a private vehicle.
- All meals
- All accommodations on twin sharing basis.
- English speaking tour leader
- Entry fee at tourist places
- All sightseeing
- Government service taxes
- Mineral water.
- Camera fees where applicable
- Anything not mentioned in the ‘cost includes’ part.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
Note: Please send us an email to email@example.com for further details or for clarification of any doubts