Relax in the “Switzerland of the East” as you watch time stand still. Breathe in the misty hills and valleys. Visit the wettest place on earth – Cherrapunjee; the mighty waterfalls and the Umian lake are objects of wonder for all nature lovers.
Day 01: Guwahati Airport – Shillong (130 kms/3 ½ hrs drive)
Meet & greet on arrival at Guwahati airport & transfer to Shillong. Enroute visit Umium Lake. Check in Hotel. Overnight in Shillong
Day 02: Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong (60 kms/2 hrs – One way)
After breakfast excursion to Cherrapunjee. Later return back to Shillong. Evening visit Local markets. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 03: Shillong Local
Full day Local sightseeing in Shillong. Overnight at Shillong.
Shillong – The ‘Gleneagle of the East’ lies in the centre of a plateau surrounded by Khasi hills. The gorgeous city offers amazing tourist spots. The city’s own Ward’s Lake is popular for short garden walks & boating. The Botanical Garden offers plethora of indigenous and exotic plants & rare collection of orchids. Butterfly Museum is a storehouse of finest and rarest species of butterflies and moths. Lady Hydari Park is a Japanese style landscaped park endowed with stretches of roses & exquisite flowers. The Mini zoo adjacent to the park has about 73 birds, 140 reptiles & mammals. One of the largest Golf courses in Asia is an 18 hole Golf Course is charted amidst a surging valley full of thick pine groves & rhododendron trees. Spend the evening in the splendid arena ! The State Museum is a display of the lifestyle and heritage of the people of Meghalaya. Shillong and its surrounding is dotted with splendid waterfalls cascading down deep valleys forming misty sparks as they break the silence of the surroundings. Elephant Falls is a mountain stream gorging down two successive falls set in dells of fern covered rocks.
Day 04: Shillong – Guwahati Airport Departure
After breakfast transfer to Guwahati airport.
- Cancellation has to be sent to us by Fax /email.
- Cancellation will be initiated within 6 working hours of receiving emails.
- Initiation of cancellation will be confirmed either by phone call or email.
Charges of Cancellation
- Prior to 30 days or more of arrival – Flat Rs. 2000.00 per person /As per actual
- Between 30 -15 Days prior of arrival – 25% of tour cost
- Between 14 -07 Days prior of arrival – 50% of tour cost
- Between 07- 03 Days prior of arrival – 75% of tour cost
- Between 02 Days/No show – 100% of tour cost
- Direct hotel bills will not be available.
- Facilities like western toilet, television in room, geyser in bathrooms may not be available at all places. For specific requirement, please inform us and we will try to provide. This is again subject to availability
- For early morning check out breakfast may be limited to simple bread & butter / jam. Puri / roti – sabji may not be available
- Consumption and serving of alcohol in hotels / rooms is subject to hotel’s rules and regulations. In some hotels, consumption of alcohol is not allowed
Vehicle Operation & Usage Guide:
- Carriers in vehicles are not allowed in many places in the region. Availability of vehicle with carrier cannot be guaranteed
- The tour guide reserves the rights to make changes or omit any place of visit, if it becomes necessary due to bad weather, bad road, strike or band, security reason etc, .